Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Spongebob Acidpants

So, I realize that drug humor is easy and a pretty cheap way to make something "funny". However, although I'm not too familiar with Spongebob, whenever I saw an episode or a clip I feel like it is one of the most drug influenced cartoons I've ever seen. Mainly, I thought it was hilarious if something lived inside the triangle from the Dark Side of the Moon. I thought of this comic about 10 minutes before I got to work, I doodled it out there, and when I got home I started penciling it on bristol paper. I quickly realized I'm going to have to do this all digitally if I want it to REALLY look like Spongebob. So I just took a crappy photo and started to ink over it, eye-dropping the colors from a picture of Spongebob I was referencing. I added a trippy background and some stars, the Dark Side of the Moon image, turned the opacity down, downloaded the Spongebob font, and it was complete. It was much less fun to do a comic completely digitally and I think the joke is pretty juvenile and my parent's probably aren't thrilled...but here it is. The doodle, sketch, and final.





No comments:

Post a Comment